Lucy Tolan is an artist based in Naarm (Melbourne). She completed her Bachelor of Fine Arts at RMIT in 2018 specialising in ceramics.
Lucy wants her work to occupy the space where architecture and landscape meet. With repetitive patterns and bold colour, her objects are informed by modernist architecture and have textile like qualities, combining soft and hard. She is concerned with juxtaposing form and texture to create both tension and harmony.
Lucy hand builds her work using a combination of pinch and slab building techniques. She collects and creates repetitive textures using natural and self-made objects.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Ceramics)—RMIT University
- Rock, Paper, Scissors—Red Gallery, Fitzroy North, Date: TBC
- Talismans, Rafts, Mementos—Modern Times, Fitzroy
- Seams—Craft Victoria Vitrine Gallery, Melbourne
- Potters in Protest (Fundraiser for Australian Conservation Foundation)—Piccolina Gelateria, Collingwood
- Kindled Spirits (Fire Relief)—Clifton Hill
- RMIT Fine Art Graduate Exhibition—RMIT University, Melbourne
- Resting Place—First Site Gallery, Melbourne
- Figuration—27–29 Johnston Street, Collingwood
- Around The Table Exhibition—Assembly Point, Melbourne
- Hybrid Practice: Playground Exhibition—RMIT University, Melbourne
- MOBJECTS Exhibition—RMIT University, Melbourne
- Vice-President of the RMIT Ceramics Club
- Top Arts Shortlist—Studio Art
- Top Arts Shortlist—Art
Virtual Makers in Residence—Craft Victoria, Melbourne